Practical Car and Van Rental Limited are committed to ensuring all personal information is processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Our Privacy Promise
- to keep your data safe and private
- not to sell your data
- to give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Collection of Your Data
We collect information from you when booking car rental services. Practical will ask for the following information:
- postal address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- employer name and contact information
- driving licence
- other ID (e g utility bill, bank statement)
This information allows Practical to process your booking, to contact you in the event of any problems with your request and to send out an electronic confirmation of your quote or booking. This information is shared with our Practical locations that will source and provide your vehicle. If your personal information is going to be shared with any third party we will require your explicit consent. We do not sell your information to unrelated third parties.
If you pay for your rental at the time of booking you will be asked to enter your card payment type, card number, expiry date and CVV number. Sensitive credit card information will never be stored after authorisation.
Retention and Security
We use reasonable measures to safeguard your personal data from theft, unauthorised use, disclosure or modification.
We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your data.
We retain your information for as long as we believe is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as allowed or required by law.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visitor . You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Our vehicles may be equipped with an information system that allows you, should you choose to store certain information. If you connect your mobile device via Bluetooth or cable then the information system can store the Bluetooth device name, contacts, text messages, emails, call logs and any routes or destinations.
If you choose to use the information system then Practical is not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy practices of Practical for such information and all customers are advised by branch upon collection of the vehicle and via this statement to ensure they reset the information system back to its original factory settings when the vehicle is returned. Should you require assistance in this process please speak to the hiring branch.
Vehicle Sourced Information (Telematics)
Practical may use in-vehicle data systems to collect data about the vehicleâ€™s condition and performance (including mileage and other operational data) and the driverâ€™s operation of the vehicle during their rental for safety, security and claims management reasons and may retain this data as necessary for these purposes.
Practical may also have the ability to track the vehicleâ€™s location throughout the duration of the rental, although this information will only be accessed in circumstances where the driver is in breach of the rental agreement, by failing to return the vehicle on time or by driving into unauthorised countries.
How Your Information is Collected and Stored
All personal data is collected directly from the customer in connection with the rental of a vehicle. This information is collected via but not limited to the following:
- Practical website
- A phone call made to one our Practical branches
- In person at a Practical branch
- Information systems â€“ see â€˜Information Systemsâ€™ Practical do not request, require or process any information obtained via information systems.
Practical.co.uk may contain links to third party websites. We do not monitor or control information when you choose to click to these websites via a link access.
Control of Your Information
You have the right to access, review or update personal information Practical hold. In certain circumstances you can request rectification or erasure of your personal data. Any request for information must be addressed to: Practical Car & Van Rental Ltd, 21/23 Little Broom Street, Camp Hill, Birmingham B12 0EU.
To prevent any unauthorised access, we will request for proof of identity before we release this information and we reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements.
You can withdraw consent at any time to stop Practical from processing or accessing your information in line with Article 7 of the General Data Protection Regulations â€“ exemptions to certain information apply.
To withdraw consent please contact the address above.
How We Use Your Information
Your information will only be used for the specific purpose it was collected for and will only be kept for a period that is required. Once this period has elapsed your data will be securely deleted and disposed of.
Practical use the information collected for the following, but not limited to:
- registering a customer account
- make a rental reservation<
- make a rental booking
- to confirm and verify your identity for fraud prevention
- to contact you in the event of any insurance claim or penalty notice during the period of hire
- to invoice and collect any monies owed in connection with your rental
- if opted in, to provide you with marketing offers from Practical
- to protect the rights and property of Practical
Sharing Information with Service Providers
Practical will only share your information where you have consented to the sharing or for the purpose of the transaction.
Sharing Information for Protective or Legal Reasons
Practical may share your personal data for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- legally required to or in response to a legal process
- for the detection or prevention of a serious crime
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
- to process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injuries or property damage
- to respond to requests from public or government agencies/authorities, including public and government agencies/authorities outside your county of residence
- to recover our vehicles, equipment or monies due
- to enforce the terms of the rental agreement contract
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain
Practical reserve the right to change this Policy at any time for any reason by posting revisions on this website. Such changes will be effective upon posting but will not apply retrospectively. Whenever we make a material change we will note the date of such an update in the introductory page above and post a note on the home page of our applicable websites.